Effective date January, 2017
Our goal is to collect and use information to deliver effective and personalized services that take your interests and preferences into account, as well as for legitimate business needs.
There are two primary types of information we collect about users of our online services that include but are not limited to the following:
- Information that identifies you: This is commonly referred to as “personal information” and includes information you provide us such as your name, home address, age, gender, telephone number, payment information (including credit card information), email address, and/or other information required in the delivery of products and services to you.
- Information that relates to you, but which does not directly identify you: This includes information like data about your internet connection the equipment you use to connect to our online services, and information about your usage of those services.
The methods we use to collect information about you are as follows:
- Directly from you, when you provide it to us: for example, when you request products or services from us, when you register with us, respond to surveys, apply for a job, contact us or otherwise interact with us. Please remember that if others use devices into which you remain logged in, they may share information with us as if they were you, and they may have access to information that you have previously provided us. To protect your privacy, please log out from our online services that you access from public or shared devices.
- From third parties: including social networks, other online services, publicly available records, our service providers, and from consumer data resellers.
We use information to:
- Provide the online services you have requested;
- Enter you into contests or promotions when requested;
- Create an online service account if requested;
- Personalize the services offered by us or our affiliates;
- Respond to your inquiries, requests and comments;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features if you choose to do so;
- Provide technical support;
- Prevent fraud or illegal activity;
- Protect the safety of users on our online services;
- Enforce our Terms of Service;
- Send you newsletters and information about our products and promotions;
- Send you service-related communications, including administrative messages;
Note that we may combine all the information we collect or receive for any of the foregoing purposes.
Information sharing within Atomic Network, Atomic Brain Studios and amongst Atomic Network affiliates.
- Your information may be shared with Atomic Network affiliates and/or used to help us better tailor our services, advertising and products to you.
Information sharing with third parties – e.g. service providers, advertisers, consumer data resellers, social networks.
- Service providers that we have retained to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf: for example service providers who offer services including research and analytics; hosting websites, fulfilling transactions, maintaining databases, administering contests, providing technology services and platforms, and processing payments. These parties are provided only with the personal information or other information they need to perform their functions and can only use and disclose that information as is necessary to perform the services on our behalf, or to comply with legal requirements. We take steps to ensure that third party service providers will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
- For Mobile Apps: In Mobile Apps, your personal information and information about how you use our mobile apps may be shared with technology providers, carriers, analytics providers, and/or other mobile apps either operated by us or third parties. Please see our Mobile Apps section for additional detail.
- Advertisers, Advertising Networks and Consumer Data Resellers: Some online services, including Mobile Apps, may be supported with advertising, and collect data to help our online services serve ads. This helps keep the cost of online services low or free. We work with advertisers and third-party advertising networks and consumer data resellers that buy and/or sell information to other companies for multiple purposes including offering products and services that may interest you. These third parties may receive information about how you interact with content and advertising provided in our online services. These third parties may view, edit or set their own tracking technologies/cookies, which will allow them to collect information about you. For information about your choices relating to the transfer of information via such technologies see our Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- Sharing of Video Viewing Behavior: we may share information (and you agree to this sharing) about the video content you view on our online services with video measurement services such as Nielsen TV Ratings, analytics providers and advertising companies, and third party social media sites. This sharing shall continue for two years or until you withdraw your consent. Information that may be passed to video measurement services such as Nielsen TV Ratings, analytics providers and advertising companies may be via cookies and tracking technologies. For information about your choices relating to transfer of information via such technologies see Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Information sharing with other parties.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, government/regulatory bodies, and content protection organizations to:
- Protect our legal rights, privacy or safety, and that of our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, agents, contractors, or other individuals;
- Protect the safety and security of visitors to our online services or other properties;
- Protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes;
- Respond to inquiries or requests from government, regulatory, law enforcement, or public authorities;
- Permit us to pursue available remedies, commence, participate in, or defend litigation, or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- Comply with the law including with subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, and other legal process; or
- Enforce applicable terms of service.
- Except where otherwise indicated. we do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 13. Some of our online services may attract an audience that is under the age of 13. For those services, we use an age-gate to make certain features unavailable for use by children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 in connection with those features. Where required, we will provide notice to and obtain verifiable consent from parents or guardians for the collection of personal information from children under 13, and provide parents or guardians the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the online services used by their children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 13 has provided us with information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us. As required by law, we will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
California minors under 18 years old may request the removal of any information that they posted to Atomic Network sites by contacting us. Upon such request, Atomic Network will anonymize, or remove from public view, any content posted by a minor to one of its websites, unless required by law to retain such content or information.
We maintain procedural, technical, and physical safeguards for our online services to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the personal information you provide via our online services. We also ask the service providers that help us deliver our online services to do the same. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our online services. Unfortunately, no transmission of data is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. Therefore, any transmission of personal information to us is made at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us using the contact details below.
Usernames & Passwords
It is important that you protect and maintain the security of any account you create and that you notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of any Atomic Network account. Do not disclose your password to anyone else.
Communication Preferences and Opt-outs
If you have subscribed to one or more of our email newsletters or are receiving them from us and you don’t want them anymore, you can unsubscribe. Select the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any message, by other means provided to unsubscribe, or by contacting us directly, to unsubscribe from marketing and promotional emails and associated marketing delivered to you on third party services based on your subscription data. However, you cannot unsubscribe from some service related messages.
Advertising/Cookies and Similar Technologies
For more information about your choices for cookies and similar technology (“Cookies and Tracking Technology”), including where such technology is used to provide targeted or other advertising on our online services, please see our Cookies and Tracking Technologies policy.
Access and Correction
In addition to the functionality provided to you via our online services (such as using “account settings” for registered users), where legally required we provide online visitors with access to their personal information and the ability to review, update and correct it.
To help preserve your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password and user ID, and possibly photo ID before granting access to your personal information.
Data Retention and Deletion
We will retain your data for as long as you use our online services and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like to delete, modify or update the data that you provided via our online services please use the settings on our online services or contact us and we will respond within a reasonable time. Please note that some or all of this data may be required in order for our online services to function properly, and we may be required, by law, to retain certain information.
Atomic Network is based in the United States and may from time to time transfer your personal information to other countries and make it accessible to any of our affiliates and third party service providers internationally.
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including personal information, may be transferred to, and processed, stored and used in the United States. Under United States law, your personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States.
By using our online services and providing your personal information to us, you understand and agree that your personal information may be sent to other countries including those which do not provide an equivalent level of information protection as the European Economic Area (EEA).
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which our online service has disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Do Not Track
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how Atomic Network responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. Atomic Network does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.